Custom Web Design Process for SiteBuilder CMS
This is an overview of our SiteBuilder Content Management System (CMS) web design process. This is only for customers that want a full custom or highly modified Website built out on our SiteBuilder CMS Platform.
Initial Consultation/Pre Service Agreement:
1. Discuss customers business goals and objectives for the website.
2. Receive requirements document/email from customer.
3. Review requirement document and contact customer with any questions or concerns.
4. If, no requirement document is provided, we offer an option to work with the customer on a consulting basis to development one.
5. The most basic of requirements would be, Navigation structure, theme, number of pages and sub-pages, special functionality such as eCommerce or other interactive features. (This can be a very long list) We would also ask for links to sites you like with an explanation of what you do or don’t like about the sites.
6. Once site requirements are submitted and approved, we prepare and submit our proposal to the customer.
7. Customer accepts or rejects the proposal.
1. If the proposal is accepted, we email over the service agreement.
2. Service agreement needs to be signed and emailed or mailed back to us.
3. We Typically require half of the payment for the web site as Initial payment. The final payment is due upon completion or on a specified date. However, for smaller sites we require payment in full up front. We accept checks or major credit cards (except Discover) as payment. Payment may be made securely through our online form.
Design Specs (look and feel):
1. We will need your logo in electronic format (no scans). The preferred format is Photoshop .PSD or high quality .GIF or .JPG
2. We typically base the color scheme of the site on the logo colors. However, this is subjective and we can base it on complementary colors or colors of your choosing.
3. We ask that you send us 3 or 4 sites that you like and tell us why. You may like the colors on one, the layout on the other, the ease of navigation of another and so on. This gives us an idea of the style that you like. Another option is to just have us design it to one of our industry leading, professional specifications.
4. Once we get a good idea of what you are looking for in the design, we start on the integration into the SiteBuilder CMS.
5. At this point, we need to activate your SiteBuilder Hosting Account. We will need a credit card for this.
6. We publish the site online for you to review. Note: Site will be online but not mapped to your domain name at this point.
7. At this time, the customer either approves the design or asks for revisions.
8. Once the design is approved, we complete the site.
1. Once the design is approved, the customer must send us the content for all the pages of the site that are under development.
2. Content development includes written copy and images that you may want to go on specific pages. We recommend stock images unless you have a professional photographer. We have resources that we can recommend for stock images. The sooner you can get this to us the faster your project will be completed.
3. The customer should specify where the content is to be integrated. All copy needs to be sent to us in electronic format such a Microsoft Word .DOC format. Images can be sent in .JPG format.
4. When we receive ALL of the content, we start on the content integration.
Web Space (Hosting):
1. You will be hosted on our SiteBuilder Server which is an integrated Content Management System
2. To view plans, pricing and options please see our Sitebuilder Plans page.
Testing and Live deployment:
We make every effort to make sure you have adequate time to review all aspects of your site. After you review and approve the site, we map it to your domain. At this point, we turn the site over to you.
Since SiteBuilder is built on a content management system so it’s easy for you to go in and edit the site yourself. If you do not have the time or inclination, we offer several maintenance options.
Options include a Retainer based plan and an hourly based plan. The retainer based plan can be customized to your needs specific needs.