This following is an overview of our custom web design process.
Initial Consultation/Pre Service Agreement:
- Discuss customers business goals and objectives for the website.
- Receive requirements document from customer.
- Review requirement document and contact customer with any questions or concerns.
- If, no requirement document is provided, we offer an option to work with the customer on a consulting basis to development one. The requirements document is absolutely necessary when developing a custom application.
- Once site requirements are submitted and approved, we prepare and submit our proposal to the customer.
- Customer accepts or rejects the proposal
- If the proposal is accepted, we fax over the service agreement.
- Service agreement needs to be signed and faxed back to us.
- We require half of the payment for the web site as Initial payment. The final payment is due upon completion or on a specified date. We accept checks or major credit cards (except Discover) as payment. Payment may be made securely through our online form.
Design Specs (look and feel):
- We will need your logo in electronic format (no scans). The preferred format is Photoshop .PSD or high quality .GIF or .JPG
- We typically base the color scheme of the site on the logo colors. However, this is subjective and we can base it on complementary colors or colors of your choosing.
- We ask that you send us 4 or 5 sites that you like and tell us why. You may like the colors on one, the layout on the other, the ease of navigation of another and so on. This gives us an idea of the style that you like. Another option is to just have us design it to one of our industry leading, professional specifications.
- Once we get a good idea of what you are looking for in the design, we start on the design composition or “comp”. The “comp” is a single image, non-working representation of the site.
- We publish the comp online for you to review.
- At this time, the customer either approves the comp for production or asks for revisions. All revisions to the design must be made at the comp stage. Otherwise, the customer will incur additional charges.
- Once the comp is approved, we start the actual development of the site.
- Once the comp is approved, the customer should start on the content development for all the pages of the site that is under development.
- Content development includes written copy and images that you may want to go on specific pages. We recommend stock images unless you have a professional photographer. We have resources that we can recommend for stock images.
- When the page copy is completed, the customer should specify where the content is to be integrated. All copy needs to be sent to us in electronic format such a Microsoft Word .DOC format. Images can be sent in .JPG format.
- When we receive the content, we start on the content integration.
Web Space (Hosting):
1. We will need to setup your hosting account at this point so your site will have a place to reside.
2. We can register your domain name for you if you haven’t already done this.
3. We setup a hosting account on our servers in the Rackspace datacenter.
4. The hosting plan will be based on your site requirements. The business account is the most popular and can be upgraded if necessary.
5. The customer will need to sign up for the hosting account online.
6. Once sign up is complete, the hosting account will be online within a few hours.
Rackspace Datacenter information:
AWSP is partnered with Rackspace Data Centers. Rackspace delivers mission critical hosting solutions for AWSP customers. You could dedicate precious time, resources and expertise to doing all the day-to-day tasks necessary to keep your servers, hardware and network up and running optimally. Or you could choose to let the experts at Rackspace and AWPS do it for you.
Rackspace supports AWSP by:
* The Fanatical Support Promise – our commitment to you. And it’s not an empty promise with nothing behind it. It’s actually part of our Master Service Agreement.
* Hosting With No Worries – unlike co-location hosting and other low-end hosting providers, Rackspace immediately reduces the strain on your IT people by taking on the day-to-day burdens of constantly and fully managing a web environment.
* Very Live, 24x7x365 Support – we don’t mean one person manning the desks at 2:00AM. It’s teams of experts working at any time on any day.
* Your Very Own Dedicated Team – you will know your dedicated Rackspace Support Team and, they’ll know you. More importantly, the team is built around your needs, not ours.
* Experts by Any Definition – hundreds of certified experts, consistent industry awards and recognition and strong technology partnerships.
* 100% Network Uptime Guarantee – our Zero-Downtime Network guarantees you get nothing less than 100% Network Uptime. We’re so confident in our guarantee that we didn’t have to fill it with loopholes.
· 1-Hour Hardware Replacement Guarantee – sooner or later hardware will break. When it breaks at Rackspace, it’s usually fixed before you even know something is wrong.
Testing and Live deployment:
Once your site is complete, we do thorough testing before moving it to our live server.
We make every effort to make sure you have adequate time to review all aspects of your site on our development server first. After you review and approve the site, we then move it to the live server (your domain). Once on the live server, we test again to be sure everything is perfect!
At this point, we turn the site over to you.